Sr. Manufacturing test engineer
Location: Brisbane, CA
Duration: 5 months
As a Senior Manufacturing Test Engineer, you will work closely with design engineering and other cross-functional groups to move new product designs through their lifecycle phases and ultimately into the production environment. With the quality of our products in the forefront, you will provide reliability and detailed DFx feedback during all phases prior to their release into production. Your job will also be to design, develop, document and deploy any assembly or test processes needed for new product introductions into the factories or manage the effort as provided by our partners. You will provide continued product support internally with our engineering teams and customer facing support groups and externally with our manufacturing partners both domestic and abroad.
Essential Job Functions:
- Act as liaison between the product development teams and the contract manufacturing partners driving NPI projects from strategic planning through tactical execution.
- Provide DFx and Quality/Reliability feedback for new product development.
- Develop and implement scalable and automate processes necessary to insure the highest quality of product.
- Provide all necessary documentation to support the Quality and Manufacturing processes.
- Participate in engineering design reviews and provide quality and reliability feedback, design for manufacturing and design for test feedback for new product development. Work with the contract manufacturing partners to provide the same.
- Develop or manage the development of scalable and automated assembly and test processes, test fixtures, test programs and any other processes or equipment that needs to be implemented for the efficient production and testing of products and to insure the highest levels of quality can be achieved and maintained.
- Produce the documentation to support the assembly or test processes, fixtures and programs. Assist in writing test specifications and requirements, manufacturing requirements, service requirements, quality and reliability requirements and other documents necessary to support the manufacturing processes. Write and implement engineering changes as needed to support and maintain product development and sustaining.
- Work with the contract manufacturing partners to implement and improve test capacity and yields. Perform data trend analysis and participate in root-cause failure analysis. Compile, evaluate and prepare technical analysis of production test data. Recommend corrective action for procedures, processes or product deficiencies. Continue to work with the contract manufacturers to help maintain product quality and throughput.
- Support customer service and the repair process by providing tools to assist in the diagnosis and repair of products at customer locations, product distributers and regional hubs. These tools will consist of software, hardware, documentation and training.
- B.S. in Electrical Engineering or equivalent.
- Minimum of 5 years test engineering experience with a high degree of skill in testing and troubleshooting audio and video electronics both analog and digital.
- Experience working with and managing contract manufacturing partners including a strong working knowledge of general manufacturing engineering practices, component reliability and design for manufacturability principles and guidelines. An understanding of quality control measures as applied to high-mix/low-volume commercial electronic product manufacture is required.
- Strong mechanical skills with ability to design, construct, modify and troubleshoot test fixtures and equipment.
- Strong software development background with experience in C/C++, Visual Basic, PLD/PIC/Flash/EPROM and other areas of programming.
- Experience with computer operating systems, servers, networks, USB and Bluetooth sub-systems.
- Must exhibit strong written and oral communication skills to work in a Quality and Process Improvement environment where sharing information is essential.
- Should be methodical and detail oriented and capable of working independently as well as within a team environment.
Sr. Technical Recruiter
SoftSol, Inc. | 48383 Fremont Blvd., Suite 116, Fremont, CA 94538
Office: (510) 460-1831 | firstname.lastname@example.org
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Qaaovgsh" group.
To post to this group, send email to email@example.com.
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/qaaovgsh?hl=en.