Pages

Sunday, July 31, 2011

INVICTUS

                                                                 INVICTUS
  
Out of the night that covers me,

     Black as the pit from pole to pole,

I think whatever Gods may be

     For my unconquerable soul.

In the fell clutch of circumstance

     I have not winced no cried aloud.

Under the bludgeoning of chance

     My head is bloody, but unbowed.


Beyond the place of wrath and tears

     Loom but the Horror of the shade,

And yet the menace of the years

     Finds and shall find, me unafraid.

It matters not how strait the gate,

     How charged with punishments the scroll,

I am the master of my fate:

     I am the captain of my soul.

                                     William Ernest Henley
                                           1803-1878

For my colleagues, send this famous poem. If you are interested in seeing Burmese version, will send later. Because need to find somebody who can write in Myanmar .

Emerald ( Natmauk Thu )     


--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Travel Myanmar (Tourism information, activities, idea exchange inside Burma)" group.
To post to this group, send email to travelmyanmar@googlegroups.com.
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to travelmyanmar+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/travelmyanmar?hl=en.

No comments:

Post a Comment